Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP Configuration Tuning on NBU5230

Kong_Hoong
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I deployed an NBU5230 version 2.6.0.4 as an MSDP media server. We have performance issue with tape out from the appliance MSDP so I do a little research on the internet. I found that there are some settings we can tune on the contentrouter.cfg and pd.conf file.

My question is there are more than one location of those configuration files, which file should I edit?

e.g.

/usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/etc/contentrouter.cfg

/disk/etc/puredisk/contentrouter.cfg

Thanks & regards,

Chan KH.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Seems like a lot of tape drives for one appliance.

How did you arrive at, or deduce that, one appliance is capable of concurrently driving/utilising seven LTO6 tape drives?

Did you scope / size / scale / capacity plan / design / confirm capability... for seven tape drives?

Or did someone else unilaterally decide that seven tape drives would be ok?

View solution in original post

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

I gave you the wrong file to use. Use the one in /disk. If you do an ls -l on both file you will see one is read only where the other is read write for root.

As for the values being different what are they? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Edit the one in /usr/openv. The other is a memory copy similar to what you find in /proc at times.

sdo

How many tape drives are you duplicating to concurrently?  And what models (LTO? 4/5/6?)

Kong_Hoong
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks Andrew. However, I notice both files have different values set. Doesn't the memory copy duplicate from the /usr/openv... settings?

We are con-currently duplicating to 7 tape drives - HP Ultrium 6 (LTO6).

sdo

Is the one appliance attempting to duplicate to seven LTO6 tape drives?

Or are the seven tape drives shared in an SSO environment across more than one media (or master/media) server?

Kong_Hoong
Level 3
Partner Accredited

One appliance duplicating to seven LTO6. It is in an SSO environment but other media servers do not use the drives unless during adhoc cases.

sdo

Seems like a lot of tape drives for one appliance.

How did you arrive at, or deduce that, one appliance is capable of concurrently driving/utilising seven LTO6 tape drives?

Did you scope / size / scale / capacity plan / design / confirm capability... for seven tape drives?

Or did someone else unilaterally decide that seven tape drives would be ok?

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

I gave you the wrong file to use. Use the one in /disk. If you do an ls -l on both file you will see one is read only where the other is read write for root.

As for the values being different what are they?