cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master server changed on NBU 5220

mohammad_hussei
Level 2

Hi,

NBU 5220 appliance was refering to master server "Master1", I am not sure how it happened, but it is not refering to itself "NBU1".

May I know how did this happened! what can I do to connect it to the master server "Master1"?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Somebody change the first server= on bp.conf?

edit /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf so that the first entry is

server = Master1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Somebody change the first server= on bp.conf?

edit /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf so that the first entry is

server = Master1

u500302
Level 3

thank you mnolan, I have checked the file bp.conf, there is two entries for "server" were:

server = NBU1

server = Master1

is that a correct or shall I remove the entry "server = NBU1"?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Your original questions are ambiguous.  The first statement implies that the name of the Master Server Appliance name should be "NBU1".  However, the second statement implies that the Master Server Appliance name should be "master1".

Here's what to do:

1) Decide what the name should be.

2) Amend the first "server =" entry in bp.conf to be the name of the Master Server Appliance.

The above assumes that when the appliance was configured as a Master Server, that you also used the correct name - and that the appliance's "hostname" also matches your desired appliance's name.  We have no visibility of what else went on before.  Therefore the above does not guarantee that all will be well afterwards.  It all depends upon what you, or someone else, did beforehand.  Is this your first appliance?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, someone has been 'fiddling' with SERVER entries on the Appliance.

These SERVER entries in bp.conf have special meaning:

The 1st entry must ALWAYS be the master server.
Subsequent entries are Media servers.
If the local server (Appliance) is now changed to the 1st SERVER entry, it will believe that itself is the Master server.

The 1st entry must NEVER be changed.
Subsequent entries can be in any order.