cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging of two or more domains

lt13624
Level 4

Hello,

I would like to merge one Netbackup domain into another and have found that the following information.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH31385&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsymaccount-profile.symantec.com%2FSSO%2Findex.jsp%3FssoID%3D1407499687842vD94I07hy66lc9py8O4o3yFb9uKC4jYYTgW88

Specifically this procedure in bold

Symantec has developed comprehensive methodologies to handle a variety of reconfiguration requirements including the following scenarios:

• Migration from an existing master server to a NetBackup appliance master server
  • Merging of two or more domains
  • Splitting of a domain into two or more domains
  • Clustering of a non-clustered Master Server
  • Renaming of a Master Server or Media Server
  • Moving a Master Server to a new machine involving a host name change
  • Moving a Master Server to a different platform/operating system (Windows to Linux/Unix or Linux/Unix to Windows)
  • Un-clustering a clustered Master Server

A number of Symantec consultants and Consulting Partners worldwide have been trained on these procedures and certified to deliver them in accordance with standards required by the Symantec technical support organization.

It seems that you should use Symantec consulting services to do this, but Symantec consulting doesnt exist anymore as Ive discovered.

In light of this, are the procedures publically available to do this at your own risk?

Kind Regards,

Leo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Most definitely not publicly available.

Even trained Catalog Manipulation partners (like me) need to work with Symantec Catalog Manipulation team to obtain the toolset (at a fee).

Toolset is compiled for each individual engagement for specific hostnames and is licensed for a limited period.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, they are not available (that I'm aware of).  This can be a very complex undertaking and I would not recommend trying to undertake it without the assistance of a partner or SYMC Consulting.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Most definitely not publicly available.

Even trained Catalog Manipulation partners (like me) need to work with Symantec Catalog Manipulation team to obtain the toolset (at a fee).

Toolset is compiled for each individual engagement for specific hostnames and is licensed for a limited period.

lt13624
Level 4

Thanks All. We have a meeting arranged with our Symantec rep.