Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving image from Bdisk to new MSDP

Dtrace_225
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi NBU Team,

I need youe experienced advise about some action have to take on costumer site. Let's explain:

We have old NBU 6.5 domain. The windows master/media have several STU pointing to bdisk path.

We are deploying new 7.7.3 env with MSDP and DD. We plan to move all old image to the new environment so that the old one can be safely drop. Below is my plan about moving old images:

- Step1: Configure new Master and Media to get access to old bdisk storage path

-Step2: Import (phase 1 and  phase 2)

-Step3: Duplicate image from step 2 to new MSDP pool

My Question1: After import phase 2, do I realy need to duplicate image to new MSDP pool?

My Question2: Do you have a suitable process to keep image under new NBU domain while old one discarded?

Thank in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How many are "several STU pointing to bdisk path"?

It make to a very long time to do imports. I would rather just upgrade from 6.5 to as high as you can go on the current server. If you hit a roadblock and can't upgrade any furhter due to NetBackup OS support limitation, install the new server, migrate NetBackup and the basic disks across to it, then continue your upgrade process.

Then you can add your new storage and duplicate everything off to the new storage.

Dtrace_225
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi 

Thank for your advice. finaly we process as I talk. We are now process with duplication.

It's ake time but it's sure!!

Thank again