cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N5000 (or PureDisk) How to revert eth1 to dhcp?

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm playing with a Netbackup5000 appliance (N5000) and would like to revert the eth1 card to DHCP.

I have tried many commands like :

config dhcp enable 10.7.1.3 eth1 (eth1 was initially configured as static using 10.7.1.3 address).

but each time I got "**** The interface is a storage pool interface. Operation deny."

What is wrong? Should I reset to factory defaut (loosing other settings)?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

bartman10
Level 4

I don't have the "appliances" but am in the middle of a NBU 7 puredisk pool deployment. I can't remember if the 5000 is a puredisk server or a media server dedupe pool.. but if it's running PDOS like a regular puredisk install, use YAST to configure your netwrok settings.

from memory so may not be 100% but will get you there

at cli, run yast

drop down to network devices, network card, traditional ifup should be selected hit next, use tab and up down keys to highlight the nic you want then drop down to edit... select DHCP

or edit the ifcfg for the eth in /etc/sysconfig/network  restart networking.. I alwasy check the darn routes file in that directory also, yast likes to NOT update it when your trying to set up a bond, also if you do update it you'll have to reboot as restarting the network will not apply the new route.

So if you're playing with your PD servers networking and find everything outside of your subnet unreachable but can ping the gateway... check the routes file, put the correct gateway and reboot.. it works wonders.

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks,

N5000 is a PureDisk... N5200 is a NetBackup Media server.

I were looking for a safe way to revert to DHCP... I encountered stranges issues when changing  networking through YAST.

I will take some time to test ifcfg reconfiguration.

Regards

Mayur_Dewaikar
Level 3
Employee

The appliances come with an option to revert back to the factory defaults. This is available on the default setup interface (http://192.168.1.1). Using this option, you can start from scratch if you have made a mistake anywhere in your setup. Hope this helps!

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I'm aware of this option/script but this revert really all to factory... even if you previously changed the  192.168.1.1 to other values for convenience (let think you have many of them), eth0 is also reset to 192.168.1.1.

However, looking at the 'resettofactory' script , I noticed that it is possible to do a backup so that to consider it later as a default settings:

/opt/pdappliance/scripts/backup-storage-dir.sh -b -f /.Storage1.2.tar

Regards
Bernard