cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB Master and Media with different VLAN's

traghav86
Level 5

Good day 

Please advise how can i setup Netbackup Master and Media Server with multiple VLAN's, can i use VLAN tagging or can implemet a backup VLAN and allow NBU Ports to each VLAN ?

what DNS entry would you prefer ?

i will be having Management and Backup VLAN

Environment Deatils

NBU Version :8.1.2

5340 Appliance 

Rahul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Well - I added entries for clients in respective vlans like - masterservervlanA - for client in vlanA

masterservervlanB - for client in vlanB and so on...

issue will araise if will will try to later on run command add_media_server_on_clients as this will spoil your hard work to point client in each vlan to 'different' master...

This is how I did it...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems that you have found replies by @RLeon over here: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Multihomed-Master-Media-server-for-backup-clients-in-separated/...

I thought that he provided excellent advice with good examples? 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems @quebek also has some experience with this - see https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup-Appliance/NBU-5230-appliance-and-multiple-networks/td-p/701366

Maybe he could offer advice here?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

It will work - i do have such setup and it is working. In the my post that @Marianne shared above - I configured three NICs in three different vlans... Now a day I would created BOND interface on these three NICs and on top of that BOND I would created vlan ingterfaces... this is will allow you to have fail over on NIC end.

Hi Quebek 

Thanks for confirmation, but what about DNS entries ?

Rahul

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Well - I added entries for clients in respective vlans like - masterservervlanA - for client in vlanA

masterservervlanB - for client in vlanB and so on...

issue will araise if will will try to later on run command add_media_server_on_clients as this will spoil your hard work to point client in each vlan to 'different' master...

This is how I did it...