Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.1 AIR Cross Replicate

oughck
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All,

I have set up dedup disk pools on 2 masters and also AIR between them from master1 (source) to master2 (destination). Recently we have also started to back up some clients on master2 and would like to AIR them over to master1.

However the dedup disk pool at master2 is already registered as destination and I can't seem to configure more than 1 dedup disk pool per master/media or configure master1 as destination dedup disk pool.

If it is even possible, can I configure a cross AIR between 2 masters? i.e. master1 AIR to master2 and master2 AIR to master1. Have tried testing on my VMs but to no avail.

Thanks,

CK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure I understand fully what you are trying to do.  It sounds like all you need to do is add the replication targets on Master2 to be Master1.  Then configure a SLP policy to perform the replication/import.  There should be no need to create an entirely new MSDP diskpool.

If you are trying to create another MSDP diskpool, then you will need to add another Media Server into the environment.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure I understand fully what you are trying to do.  It sounds like all you need to do is add the replication targets on Master2 to be Master1.  Then configure a SLP policy to perform the replication/import.  There should be no need to create an entirely new MSDP diskpool.

If you are trying to create another MSDP diskpool, then you will need to add another Media Server into the environment.