cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 9.1 Disk Storage Unit misconfigured

nholtz
Level 4

This may not be "appliance" specific but is definitely NBU related.

Last year we configured two Veritas 5250 appliances to replace our DD2500's and master and media servers.  We have two campuses, but only one NBU domain, so a single master server.  The campuses are connected with a 100MB metro-area network.   We created two "pure disk" disk pools on these appliances, and configured a storage unit for each disk pool.  Clients at HQ point at the HQ storage unit, clients at the DC point at the DC storage unit. 

However, I think we made a mistake and pointed one of the disk storage units at the wrong disk pool.  At least that is how it is displayed, and this corresponds to some elevated backup times (100's of hours) on some clients.  

If I right-click on the storage unit and choose 'Change', I'm not able to update the 'disk pool' (It's greyed out).  Is this because it's in use?  Do I have to quiesce NBU (backup and duplication jobs) before I can modify the storage unit to point at the correct disk pool?  Is there procedure for this?  

All help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @nholtz 

You will need to create a new storage unit to achieve the desired result. If you are not using SLPs, then you may be able to delete the "bad" stu and re-create it using the correct pool. 

Another thing to check and be careful of is making sure the local storage unit can only be used by the local media server (do not check the "use any available media server" - this can also cause a remote media server to be used to back up to a local MSDP.

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @nholtz 

You will need to create a new storage unit to achieve the desired result. If you are not using SLPs, then you may be able to delete the "bad" stu and re-create it using the correct pool. 

Another thing to check and be careful of is making sure the local storage unit can only be used by the local media server (do not check the "use any available media server" - this can also cause a remote media server to be used to back up to a local MSDP.

Cheers
David