cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Appliance 5230

Bachchan
Level 6

I am new to NBU appliance 5230. I am on the administration console of the appliance. i have also installed NBU 7.7.3. but i dont see the nbu 7.7.3 admin console.........please help me. also i dont know how to access the CMD interface of the NBU appliance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think you have it right.  What you'll end up with is a Workstation running any 64 bit version of Windows (7, 8.x, 10, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2) that will have the Java Admin Console installed.  It will be your Administration location.  This does not have to be a deadicated box, just one that you have access to any time you want to administer NetBackup.  The Java Console doesn't require your license key.

Then you'll have your Master Appliance.  All you need to do to it is make sure that the DNS name of the workstation is added using the steps on page 199 of that manual and you should be able to do 99% of your work from the Workstation from then on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

D_Flood
Level 6

Starting with 7.7.1, the only Admin Console is the Java Admin Console.  You did not say what Operating System you installed 7.7.3 on but if it is Windows, the Java Console is automatically installed on any Windows Master or Media Servers.  Otherwise you have to install it from the Windows 7.7.3 CD addons section.  If you are using other OSs, you may need to refer to the Administration Guide for the installation directions.

As for the command line on an Appliance, it's there but not really that useful (or supported) for anything but troubleshooting.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000115454

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000002217

May be I did not explained the question properly. what i have is NBU appliance 5220...I went to Manage-License and added the License key for NBU Enterprise Server License Key.  The only interface I have is NBU 5220 aplliance interface (Home,Monitor,Manage,Seetings). what I want to know is the NBU Enterprise Server Key that I installed on the Appliance should I not have NBU admin Console also where I can define the policy,storage unit, storage group etc

please let me know if I missed something......

Now I understand.

Even if an Appliance is installed as a Master, it does not have the Admin Console available directly from it.

You will have to locate a system that's compatible with the Java Console and install it there.  If you're lucky enough to have 64 bit Windows for your workstation you can install it locally and then administer your system.

According to the Appliance Admin Guide there's a menu option in the command line to add other servers to the bp.conf to allow the workstation to fully control NetBackup.  That command is on page 199 of this manual:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000107782

Once you've done that you should be able to run the Java Console locally and then administer your system.

May be it is easy for you......but I have difficulty understanding. so basically i should  have another machine should this have a server OS like 2008R2 or 2012 R2 on the same network as the appliance and then go the APPLIANCE console and as you mentioned add the server and then go to Manage Certificate to generate certificate for this machine so that I can have access to the NBU administration console? do i have to do anything else in terms of settings?

I think you have it right.  What you'll end up with is a Workstation running any 64 bit version of Windows (7, 8.x, 10, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2) that will have the Java Admin Console installed.  It will be your Administration location.  This does not have to be a deadicated box, just one that you have access to any time you want to administer NetBackup.  The Java Console doesn't require your license key.

Then you'll have your Master Appliance.  All you need to do to it is make sure that the DNS name of the workstation is added using the steps on page 199 of that manual and you should be able to do 99% of your work from the Workstation from then on.

i dont know your real name(D_Flood) but you are AWESOME !!! thanks for keeping up with me and answering my questions.Smiley Happy