cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Appliances with NBU 7.7 clients

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Quick question to all

What do you reckon, is backing up NBU 7.7 clients with current up to date NBU appliances 7.6.1.2 (IIRC) supported?

I thought there was a leeway with support when client could be higher version than the media server although it was only for the fourth digit patch (kind of 2.6.0.1 appliance could back up 7.6.0.4 client no worries). How it works now? Am I becoming lazy or just not able to find if it is actually stated somewhere?

I could be in an awkward position if there is no appliance code that can support 7.7 clients now as I would need to suggest to use DD instead. 

Any link with official statement would help.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Client can only be point patch (triple-dot release) higher level than the master.

See Version Compatibility TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29677 

Mouse

Thanks, Marianne, as I said in my post I thought as much.

I'm trying to understand what to do in the current scenario when 2.7.x appliances are not even visible on the horizon, there are new features that demand 7.7 clients and competition is not sleeping. Veritas PMs must had an idea how it is going to work when they released 7.7 NBU master and clients but not a corresponding patch for appliance media servers.

RiaanBadenhorst

It might not be supported but it should work fine in most cases. Unless you maybe try use a new feature like SQL IP.

Marianne
Level 6

As a reseller, best to reach out to PM via your local SE.