Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Appliances

AhmadSalame
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi

Good Day , I have a small NBU environment and i need to install 2 x 5200 NBU appliances one in the primary site and the other in the DR site
(for Replication), So I need to know :

1) What licenses do I need for this 2 appliances to get all the features ( Deduplication , replication , ... )

2) What NBU (Software )licenses Must I have ?

3 REPLIES 3

admin4200
Level 2
Partner

Temp Licenses keys are provided when you purchase the unit. 

It’s  are normally in the usb drive that come with it., 

AhmadSalame
Level 2
Partner Accredited

But what i think is the Deduplication need a separate license also Im not sure but i think we need a enterprise server license for both master and media server ,,, I dont know exactly but thats what i think

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Symantec N52x0 appliances are Netbackup preconfigured servers. Therefore you need Netbackup licenses for the environnement. Those could be either :

• legacy (a la carte) licenses (which require defining exactly what is needed)
  • Plateform license (which is more flexible) (also known as Terabyte license)

In addition, in first case you will need a deduplication Option and in second case the deduplication option ADD-ON (as the base plateform license don't include deduplication). Both are based on the Front End Capacity.

For small environment, I suggest creating 2 domains. This way, according you don't need Enterprise Clients you could opt for Standard server (Linux TIER2) (less expensive).

Regards