cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU appliance user management

jeorainc
Level 4

Hi all,

I am new to netbackup.. and this is my first time to work with NBU and NBU appliance 5230

Version of appliance 2.6.0.1, running as master server

After logging in the web GUI of appliance, to settings -> Authentication -> User Management, I can add new users.

And for the new user, I can only choose to "Grant Permission" or not. With "Grant Permission", it works like admin. Without "Grant Permission" it seems the account is useless as it cannot access either web GUI nor ssh.

If I use the user without "Grant Permission" to the java admin console, I can only see the BAR interface for the master server only.

So what is the use of this authentication?

What if I want to setup some accounts like monitoring account, backup account, view-only account etc, how to do so?

At the Security guide, it says NBAC is not supported with appliance, does it matters?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you want very granular security you need NBAC but if you appliance is the Master then i don't believe that feature is available yet

You may be better in that case to implement OpsCenter and setup your users within that as they can do the majority of monitoring, management, reports and restores from within OpsCenter and it is all integrated into AD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

If you want very granular security you need NBAC but if you appliance is the Master then i don't believe that feature is available yet

You may be better in that case to implement OpsCenter and setup your users within that as they can do the majority of monitoring, management, reports and restores from within OpsCenter and it is all integrated into AD

jeorainc
Level 4

May I ask more on the ops center. So that the ops center will have granular security on users for different jobs, such as backup operator, read-only account, administrator etc?

Does opscenter supported by Symantec? For example if I met problem using opscenter, will Symantec TSE follow the case?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The software is NetBackup OpsCenter - it is a Symantec NetBackup product so fully supported.

Take a look at the Admin Guide for more information on what it does and how granular the roles can be:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6454

And the reporting Guide:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6455

It can be downloaded from the Symantec licensing portal or fileconnect using your NetBackup serial key (the one starting in M on your certificate)