cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU5020 Current Deduplication factor

LuisLiendo
Level 3

Trying to identify a quick way to gather current deduplication factor for a two nodes(5020) storage pool.

Can easily see the available and used space from the Console (Reports > Capacity Dashboard )

However the compression factor is nowhere to be found. Also tried Opscenter with no luck.

( e.g. Something Like 12.5 X )

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Luis...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Glad it worked for you.. please remember to mark solutions so people get points :)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Douglas_A
Level 6

if you setup a DataMine report it gives you the information pretty redily. you need to configure the datamine policy for something like daily if you are going to check this often.. usually i set it for weekly or monthly then i can review the data pretty easily.

LuisLiendo
Level 3

Thank you very much,, it worked great...

Did set the policy to run on a  weekly basis, ran manually and got the compression factor okay.

Douglas_A
Level 6

Glad it worked for you.. please remember to mark solutions so people get points :)

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Chaps,

Where can I configure a "DataMine report"?

Dave.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Don't forget that if you just want to see a percentage of de-dupe you can see it in your activity monitor

Right click the top column - select Columns - Layout

Select "Deduplication Rate" - click the blue "show" icon and move it up to where you want it

It now shows a s a column with the dedupe percentage for every job

Hope this helps