cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM installation

Planters
Level 5

Hi,

I have installed NOM server on NetBackup 6.5 environment, however it was not successful.

I am not getting NOM_BuitIn@hostname in the drop down list of doman, and i am unable to log in to NOM.

I have installed NetBackup client-->ICS software-->NOM,  even though i am getting below error message.

Please find the error message below.

Could not connect to the server.
Please verify the below services are running
1. VxAT server (latest shipped version)
2. Database service
3. VxAM service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What operating system are you using? I only really found Windows was stable for NOM

Having said that NOM is based on NetBackup 6.x and is no longer supported as it went end of life over a year ago - you really need to upgrade your environment

The NOM admin guide does have a troubleshooting section and a few tech notes out there but as it is unsupported you will not get any support from Symantec

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What operating system are you using? I only really found Windows was stable for NOM

Having said that NOM is based on NetBackup 6.x and is no longer supported as it went end of life over a year ago - you really need to upgrade your environment

The NOM admin guide does have a troubleshooting section and a few tech notes out there but as it is unsupported you will not get any support from Symantec