cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to upgrade nbu5230 2.6.0.4 to 2.7.1

MiRzA
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello NBU gurus, I need to upgrade NBU appliance 5230 from 2.6.0.4 to 2.7.1 version as per document i will need double upgrade that is from 2.6.0.4 to 2.6.1.2 first and then from 2.6.1.2 to 2.7.1 this is appliance is assigned a role of media server before upgrade as per document it is saying "Always perform a full disaster recovery (DR) backup prior to making any changes to your environment" need guidance regarding what steps for media server appliance needs to be taken so if in case of disaster i have full recovery of this media server appliance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

if you upgrade to 2.6.1.x youll find a new policy for each upgraded appliance on your master.

This policy contains the selection you need to protect your appliance. You should add backup target, schedules and make the policy active.

ciao

Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think this is a little bit of a disclaimer to be honest....

Obviously if you have done any specific settings on the appliance it is good to protect those but in the main a media server doesnt hold much configuration these days.

The storage in the shelves is pretty much self protecting so just note the EEB warning before the upgrade: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000024896

and then follow the upgrade guide(s) : https://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/7000/DOC7585/en...

The EEB warning is really important but anything else should retain the configs that you have setup.

You can save the Media Server Host Properties to a text file from the Admin Console so that may be useful.

Good luck

tunix2k
Level 5
Partner Accredited

if you upgrade to 2.6.1.x youll find a new policy for each upgraded appliance on your master.

This policy contains the selection you need to protect your appliance. You should add backup target, schedules and make the policy active.

ciao

Martin