cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 2.7.4 release

elanmbx
Level 6

Anybody know anything about release schedule for this next update?

4 REPLIES 4

D_Flood
Level 6

Don't scare me like that!  I just managed to get 7.7.3/2.7.3 (and all it's problems and bugs) loaded on my core components...

To answer the question directly, no advance notice is ever given, they just show up. 

And, given the number of problems with 7.7.3/2.7.3, I'd expect it to be left alone so they can concentrate on whatever halfway developed feature they're putting into 8.0 to give Sales something new to shout about.  Then, like all the other nice features that never got perfected, it will be ignored in future development.  I would love to see them take six months off of "new and shiny" and devote their teams to "refine and improve".

What issues specifically are you referring to with 7.7.3/2.7.3?

I'm in the midst of an upgrade of my enviornment to 2.7.3 and was just hoping to get some inkling as to the 2.7.4 release so I could figure out if my holiday season would be quiet... or not quiet. :)

Well, lets see...

Can't cancel replication jobs anymore from the GUI.

SLP Window closures are ignored by replication jobs (they just keep going and going).

Those two bugs mean that you can actually use up every single job slot with just replication jobs since they won't fix them to have an "active limit" like backup jobs have.

The "restores pick any media server that has credentials even if it isn't selected for load balancing" bug is back with a vengeance.

The new Appliance version (2.7.3) has a larger memory overhead, the menus are slower, and getting to an elevate prompt now takes almost an act of Congress.

They have made some progress on the Java Console.  But their "export" solution is a sad substitute for right-click-copy.

Also their reliance on Java is going to bite them once Oracle decides that they've ruined Java enough to kill it.

How's that so far?

That's a pretty good list. :)