Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 5230 Max. configuration.

Masami_Katsuno
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Experts,

If I installed 5230 as a NBU Master server,

#1. Can I attach 5230 as a Media Server to the existing 5230 Master server?

#2. If #1 is yes, how many 5230s can be attached to the 5230 Master server?

#3. Can I attach 5030 to existing 5230 Master server?

Regards,

Masami Katsuno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1. Yes - make sure the Master and new Media Server appliances can resolve each other correctly and then from the Master Servers CLISH (command line interface when connected via putty) go to :

Manage - Appliance - Add Appliance

Provide the short name of the new appliance (not the FQDN) and its admin password then follow the prompts

2. As with any other Media Server there is no limit on the number of Media Servers that can be added as far as i am aware

3. Yes - it can be added in as a PureDisk Storage Server as per any normal master server (or media server) that your Master and / or Media Servers have access to

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

1. Yes - make sure the Master and new Media Server appliances can resolve each other correctly and then from the Master Servers CLISH (command line interface when connected via putty) go to :

Manage - Appliance - Add Appliance

Provide the short name of the new appliance (not the FQDN) and its admin password then follow the prompts

2. As with any other Media Server there is no limit on the number of Media Servers that can be added as far as i am aware

3. Yes - it can be added in as a PureDisk Storage Server as per any normal master server (or media server) that your Master and / or Media Servers have access to

Hope this helps

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Did my reply help? Any other questions?

Thanks

Masami_Katsuno
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi Mark,

Sorry for my late reply.

Your reply really helped me.

Thanks a lot!

Masami

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Great - dont forget once you have your answers to close the thread off using the Mark as solution option to assist others loking for a similar question in the future

Thanks

Masami_Katsuno
Level 4
Employee Accredited

I understand how to close the thread.

Thanks.

Masami