Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Applaince

afzal1
Level 3

Hi Expert Team,

Looking for to your solution and adivce for below Query,

one of my customer have NetBackup Applaince 5240, he requested the first shelf of 49TB to be added to existing appliance, however, Shelf storage is EOL, Kindly advice what solution we can give to him.

• Ba
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @afzal1 

There aren't many options unfortunately, the storage shelves could only be purchased up until June 2022. One option would be to upgrade the appliance to a 5250 - you may be able to work out a reasonable deal with Veritas that may not be much more expensive than buying the storage shelf (I'm not in sales, so YMMV). 

There may be an option to move a storage shelf from another appliance if there is one available (or even purchase from a third party), however, support could be come more of a challenge so I'm not sure this is a good idea.

The 5240 model was first sold about 7 years ago, so it possible the unit is reaching its end of life anyway.

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @afzal1 

There aren't many options unfortunately, the storage shelves could only be purchased up until June 2022. One option would be to upgrade the appliance to a 5250 - you may be able to work out a reasonable deal with Veritas that may not be much more expensive than buying the storage shelf (I'm not in sales, so YMMV). 

There may be an option to move a storage shelf from another appliance if there is one available (or even purchase from a third party), however, support could be come more of a challenge so I'm not sure this is a good idea.

The 5240 model was first sold about 7 years ago, so it possible the unit is reaching its end of life anyway.

Cheers
David