Did you mean: 

NetBackup Appliance 5220, root path is used 100%

SE_Pointit
Level 3

Hello

Product: NetBackup Appliance 5220

Version: 2.6.0.1

Role: [Master Server, Media Server]

Description: Recieved a data that sent by AIR from Main NetBackup Environment and store to MSDP.

My Appliance has got a problem since 3 day ago. It is too slow when access by Java Console and Web Console. Almost commands on SSH also got a problem too. (Even reboot or shutdown command)

21-Apr-15 2-41-07 PM.jpg

Later, I found system root path(/) is full and maybe caused by /tmp references from https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217535.html

21-Apr-15 11-12-56 AM.jpg

From document, it suggest to update version to 2.6.0.3 but Will it cause any problems with AIR? (Main NetBackup Environment also 7.6.0.1)

I try to manually delete /tmp inner files but Permission not passed.

21-Apr-15 3-07-31 PM.jpg

How can I resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Looks like the CLIsh scripts have failed, note the error at line 129, due to lack of space.

I think you may have to open a support case with Symantec Support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Use the maintenance option, Support > Maintenance > Enter Password > elevate. You should now be able to clear out /tmp

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Andrew is correct, under the maintenance shell you will be able to delete those files.

You can certainly use AIR from a 7.6.0.1 to a 7.6.0.3 domain.  In general it is best practice, if you can't keep the domains at the same level for some reason, to have the target at the higher level.

I would suggest opening a case if getting the root file system back in proper operation doesn't resolve your performance problem.

SE_Pointit
Level 3

I used elevate already but it didn't work. 

22-Apr-15 8-44-11 AM.jpg

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Looks like the CLIsh scripts have failed, note the error at line 129, due to lack of space.

I think you may have to open a support case with Symantec Support.

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Try "cd  /home/maintenance" then run ". ./.clishshell_bashrc" then run elevate. 

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you try deleting the files from /tmp with the appliance in this state?  I agree the maintenance shell failed to run, but it looks like it may have gotten far enough (based on the maintenance@/root prompt) to give you what you need.  

If not, try what Andrew is suggesting or call support and worst case they'll get you into single user mode and clean up /tmp.