cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Appliance - CLI configuration, escape characters?

RocketBeta
Level 3

I'm trying to configure LDAP on a NetBackup Appliance via the commandline.  I go to Settings > Security > Authentication > ActiveDirectory > Configure, but the username I'm using has special characters in it (the "dash" or "minus" symbol).  So for example, the username is "netbackup-admin".  The Appliance apparently doesn't like special characters in the username.  Is there a way to escape the character?  I've tried using single/double quotations, forward/back slashes etc but no go.  Is there no other way other than changing the username?

NetBackup Appliance 5230 version 2.6.0.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RocketBeta
Level 3

We were manually entering the commands, no copy/pasting.  I found out the fix is to update the Appliance to at least version 2.6.1.2 which supports the "-" character in account names.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

If you are copying/pasting from MS Word, or Outlook, or any text based application which supports 16bit characters - then you may have this behaviour.

Just as a test... try this... open Notepad, type your command in again in full in Notepad (do not copy from MS Word/Outlook), then try copying your command from Notepad to the CLI of the appliance... does that work?   If it works, then the problem is defined as... the "-" character in MS Word is not the same as the "-" character in Notepad.  I won't bore you with the details.  BTW the same is often true for the double quotes character, i.e. this character:   "

RocketBeta
Level 3

We were manually entering the commands, no copy/pasting.  I found out the fix is to update the Appliance to at least version 2.6.1.2 which supports the "-" character in account names.

Thanks!