cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Appliance HDD firmware and BIOS Updates

JasonRkr
Level 4

Planning the upgrade of our two 5230 appliances and ran across article 100046096 on firmware and BIOS updates.  How can I determine the type of disk in my appliances to know whether or not the update applies to us?

Thank you,

Jason

5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

What is your current NBU app version? 

There was something in CLISH manage/software/firmware....

Also I believe the data can be found in datacollect outcome...

We're currently running appliance version 2.7.3, which I understand translates to app version 7.7.3 app.

Thanks,

Jason

quebek
   VIP    Certified

hmm

I was there years ago... cant recall now if there was firmware in this release...

run datacollect and download this file and search there... my best advice at the moment...  or wait ... there is sort and this

https://sort.veritas.com/DocPortal/pdf/ka6j0000000LCaWAAW

EXAMPLES
The following is an example of the information that is displayed when you run the
Main > Monitor > Hardware ShowComponents command.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Component| Item |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Appliance|fan,cpu,disk,fibrechannel,...,firmware,connection,partition,storagestatus|

ShowHealth Appliance [Item]
Use this command to view the performance and status of various hardware
components of the appliance, where [Item] defines the name of the hardware
part for which the data is queried. You can select any of the following options
for the [Item] parameter:
For a 52xx appliance:
(All/Fan/CPU/Disk/Fibrechannel/RAID/Power/Temperature/Product/
PCI/Network/Firmware/Adapter/Partition/MSDP)

EXAMPLES
The following is an example of the information that is displayed when you run the
Main > Monitor > Hardware ShowHealth Appliance Disk command, where
Disk is the value for the [Item] parameter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Disk Information |
|+----+----+---------+--------+---------+--------+---------+----------+----+--------------+-------+ |
||ID|Slot | Status | Foreign| HotSpare|Firmware| Serial | Capacity |Type|Enclosure|State| |
Number State Type Version Number ID
|+--+------+---------+--------+---------+--------+----------+---------+----+---------+------+ |
||- | 0 | Online,
Spun Up | None | N/A | 0003 | Z1W0SFWZ| 931.51GB| SAS| 252 | OK | |
|+--+------+---------+------- +---------+------------------+---------+----+---------+--------------+-------+ |
||- | 0 | Online,
Spun Up | None | N/A | 0003 | Z1W0SFCP| 931.51GB| SAS| 65535 | OK | |
|+--+------+---------+--------+---------------+---------+------------------+---

quebek
   VIP    Certified

ReOn_Xer
Level 3
Employee

Hi,

At this junction, I believe there isn't much upgrade done to the NBUA 5230 that is running in your environment therefore I strongly recommend to apply the EEB you mentioned.

One thing to highlight that there is NO direct upgrade path from 2.7.3 to 3.3.0.1. 
Link: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/113205077-141912663-0/v127117751-141912663

Do be noted based on past experiences on multiple 5230s upgrades, the process maybe treachrous. 

The following list below are minimal as at publicly release before any form of upgrades: