cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Virtual Appliance License

Bachchan
Level 6

Hello Team,

I have Vmware in my environemnt and about 25TB of data. i am thinking of using Netbackup Virtual appliance instead of NBU physical appliance. It will be acting as Master & Media Server. The question I have do I need to buy license also or it is included with the NBU vrtual appliance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Bachchan 

With NBU Virtual Appliance, you only pay for  "Terabytes allocated to the virtual appliance". 
No NBU license. You still have to purchase that separately. 

Bear in mind that with the master/media option (virtual appliance for remote offices), you are limited to a max of 16TB. 
The media server only option (virtual appliance for data center) supports scalability up to 250 TB.

Please discuss your requirements with a skilled reseller in your area for best possible advise. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Bachchan 

With NBU Virtual Appliance, you only pay for  "Terabytes allocated to the virtual appliance". 
No NBU license. You still have to purchase that separately. 

Bear in mind that with the master/media option (virtual appliance for remote offices), you are limited to a max of 16TB. 
The media server only option (virtual appliance for data center) supports scalability up to 250 TB.

Please discuss your requirements with a skilled reseller in your area for best possible advise. 

thanks Marianne !!!