cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup appliance with Data Domain

stevekarra
Level 2

I would like to use Data Domain with a NBU 5340 appliance.

Does the appliance built-in licensing include PDOO and can that be used for DD, or do I need to purchase some additional licensing?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @stevekarra 

If you have a NetBackup appliance you would have to also have the software entitlement for PDDO (otherwise you would not be able to use any storage from the appliance). This licensing is not attached to the appliance as such, but to your NetBackup domain. It could be either in the form of capacity baced licensing, or traditional based licensing. 

The licensing for capaity or PDDO is based on the data being protected (front end), so as long as you have sufficient licensing, then installing/enabling the Data Domain OST plug-in on the appliance will be fine (of course thee may be Data Domain licnsing consideration separate to NetBackup). 

Hope that explains it for you

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @stevekarra 

If you have a NetBackup appliance you would have to also have the software entitlement for PDDO (otherwise you would not be able to use any storage from the appliance). This licensing is not attached to the appliance as such, but to your NetBackup domain. It could be either in the form of capacity baced licensing, or traditional based licensing. 

The licensing for capaity or PDDO is based on the data being protected (front end), so as long as you have sufficient licensing, then installing/enabling the Data Domain OST plug-in on the appliance will be fine (of course thee may be Data Domain licnsing consideration separate to NetBackup). 

Hope that explains it for you

Cheers
David

Thank you David.

rafanto
Level 4

Hello,

Please, could you send me the procedure to install de OST Plugin on the Veritas Appliance?

Thank you

Regards

Rafael