cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Device Mapping File for Netbackup 5230 Appliances

Fred2010
Level 6

Hi all,

I am trying to find the latest Device Mapping File that is suitable for installing on Netbackup 5230 Appliances...

I have found a Linux one (Linked below), but I am unsure if I can use that one for my 5230 Netbackup Appliances, as it is not listed under the supported products of that particular document

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH227192.html

Can somebody either point me to the correct Device Mapping File for NBU 5230 Appliances or confirm that it is OK to use the Device Mapping File as linked above...

We currently are running 2.6.1.1 and I need the fresh Device Mapping File to enable Netbackup Accelerator functionality for our HP B6200 Deduplication Appliances, that recently had Accelerator Functionality added by a firmware update...

Current Device Mapping present on our Netbackup 5230 Appliances:

tpext -get_dev_mappings_ver

device mappings version in the EMM database is 1.120
device mappings version from the local file is 1.120
Local device mappings file is up-to-date

The new one is 1.124 (See link above)

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I'm not 100% sure, but I would have thought that you can install the latest Device Mappings file - and I say that because I've never heard of any reason - i.e. hardware reason, or operating system reason, why the application (NetBackup) cannot have its Device Mappings file updated.  This is after all the purpose of the file - to allow customers to catch up with the latest device support without necessarily having to upgrade NetBackup... however, one potential fly in the ointment is... is the HP device listed as supported for your version of NetBackup.  I can see the B6200 listed as a member of family 6000 Series:

NetBackup HCL link:  Go to Top of "HP"

...which still says that Accelerator is not supported for 6000 Series.  Maybe the documentation guys just haven't gotten round to updating the HCL  document yet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I'm not 100% sure, but I would have thought that you can install the latest Device Mappings file - and I say that because I've never heard of any reason - i.e. hardware reason, or operating system reason, why the application (NetBackup) cannot have its Device Mappings file updated.  This is after all the purpose of the file - to allow customers to catch up with the latest device support without necessarily having to upgrade NetBackup... however, one potential fly in the ointment is... is the HP device listed as supported for your version of NetBackup.  I can see the B6200 listed as a member of family 6000 Series:

NetBackup HCL link:  Go to Top of "HP"

...which still says that Accelerator is not supported for 6000 Series.  Maybe the documentation guys just haven't gotten round to updating the HCL  document yet.

Fred2010
Level 6

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I would agree that the HCL is not yet up to date, as the OST installation guide of HP clearly states the compatability with 2.6.1.1 or higher, as long as the firmware is also updated.

Once again, Thanks for your help!