cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Reporting with 2.5.3?

Stanleyj
Level 6

Has anyone that upgraded to 2.5.3 started seeing some new monitoring reports on hardware?

Ive started getting this report every 12 hours and Im not sure if this is something that is actually working or has been working all along and something happened during the upgrade that has rehydrated my deduped data to put me over the warning threshold.

Compute Node

Time Monitoring Ran: Sun Sep 1 2013 07:15:03 AST

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

|                           Disk Space Information                            |

|+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+|

||ID |      Partition      |   Total   | Used |   State   |   Acknowledge    ||

||---+---------------------+-----------+------+-----------+------------------||

||2  |Deduplication        |31.1 TB    |81 %  |Warning    |No                ||

|+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+|

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I see that 2.5.3 added detailed telemetry reports every 12 hours - see P13 of the release notes so i guess that is why you get this.

I don't see anything in the notes about rehydration changes - maybe queue processing is just working better which always tends to reduce disk space initially as it runs

Of course it could also just be that it has finally reached that level of disk usage

A crcontrol --dsstat should give more information on its actual usage - but maybe that is just where you are with storage usage now

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I see that 2.5.3 added detailed telemetry reports every 12 hours - see P13 of the release notes so i guess that is why you get this.

I don't see anything in the notes about rehydration changes - maybe queue processing is just working better which always tends to reduce disk space initially as it runs

Of course it could also just be that it has finally reached that level of disk usage

A crcontrol --dsstat should give more information on its actual usage - but maybe that is just where you are with storage usage now

Stanleyj
Level 6

Thanks Mark,

I looked thru that dang release not and saw a brief comment on reports but was unsure if this one was a result of that.  I tried running crcontrol --dsstat and it sat there for about 20 minutes before i cancled out of it.  I think im just retaining that much data and the telemetry reports that are refrenced in the release notes are the emails im getting.

Thanks for looking out for me again.  :)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

20 minutes on a dsstat - must be busy / getting full !!

Keep an eye on your queue processing then, it may need a few runs to speed it up and that may also free you some space up after a few runs