Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No snmp traps sent

Jechar
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all,

I have a problem on two installed n5220 regarding SNMP  traps.

I configured snmp server on web gui and command line, but no snmp traps are sent when power is removed for exemple, but i recevied email and web gui is red !

On the chinfo.txt file, name or ip of my snmp server is right, and name resolution is OK.

Have you met the same issue ?

I modified the snmpd.conf add rocommunity and trap2..

Now i can run snmpwalk from my snmp server but only for basic snmp informations, not for symantec mibs... that i loaded

I recieved some snmp traps (start snmp service..) but not symantec error like power removed...

Have you go an idea ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

TimGray
Not applicable

Hi Jechar

I have a very simular problem an im still trying to find an answer to it, i cant seem to find any real help online so this may have to be a call to symantec support.

you may want to check firewall rules. (assuming there is one in the way)

my next job is to find out if the snmp traps are actually leaving the appliance. if not then why, if they are then its a matter of find out whats stopping them.

sorry this is not much help but thought you might want to know you are not alone on this one.

regards

Tim

Jechar
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

There no firewall between appliance and snmp server..

but we found the solution with the support :) 2 weeks ago

We need to command out this line 34 and 36 in /opt/NBUAppliance/scripts/hwmon/common/hwmon_log.pm

33 # Use our own logging

34 ## if ( ($prod ne "nbu") || !$nbu_modules_found ) {

35     $logger = hwmon_logger->new($prod);

36 ## }

After we receveid the traps... but in the same trap we have 3 informations...

uptime, name, and error messages !

Have you the same information in a single traps ? because our snmp server can't decode it !

Thanks

JC