cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deduplication pool on NBU 5220

infopiotr
Level 4

Colleagues,

Has anyone of you encountered such a problem - deduplication pool "diseappered" from appliance configuration, I mean size is 0, when I try to obtain some info on storage I get the following error:

Storage> Show

- [Warning] Failed to get disk usage details.
- [Error] Failed to get the storage allocation information.

Obviously from master server this disk pool -> storage unit is not accessible

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This needs bringing back using volume manager commands - but the rooot cause needs to be identified so log a call straight away classed as critial system down.

To get into that state it must have identified a plex issue.

This technote talks you through fixing it but i would get support involved first as you need to identify why it happened and if there is any corruption you may need the recoverCR tool to rebuild the de-dupe database

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH8501

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Sounds like a possible hardware / disk issue

Have you had any alerts?

If you go into the CLISH what is the output of the following:

Monitor - Hardware All

#EDIT#

Also

Support - Disk Info

infopiotr
Level 4

No, There is no hardware issues, status is green.

The problem is probably on Veritas level, when I execute command:

vxprint -hqt
I see deduplication pool with DISABLED RECOVER status 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

This needs bringing back using volume manager commands - but the rooot cause needs to be identified so log a call straight away classed as critial system down.

To get into that state it must have identified a plex issue.

This technote talks you through fixing it but i would get support involved first as you need to identify why it happened and if there is any corruption you may need the recoverCR tool to rebuild the de-dupe database

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH8501

infopiotr
Level 4

Thanks Mark,

before this situation occured I saw some errors related with this volume, so probably Veritas changed status for this volume. Commands included in note you mentioned should solve, however to be sure the case in Symantec has been opened for this isse

Regards

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

You definattly have some sort of hardware failure or volume corruption. RecoverCR might work but first we would need to address vxfs corruption (if that's even the problem), then possibly run recoverCR if we lost files.

All this will require Symantec Support. Please pm me and let me know if you have created a case. I will make sure its getting the attention it requires.