Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL on Appliances instead of Suse?

Fred2010
Level 6

Hi all,

It has already been mentioned before in one of the threads below:

Apparently the Suse installations on Netbackup Appliances will be replaced by Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).

Supposedly, this is also the reason that 2.7 is not available for the appliances yet, whereas 7.7 is available for other platforms...

I have a couple of questions:

• Is it indeed true that the appliances will be running RHEL in the next update?
  • When will 2.7.1 become available and will it be RHEL based?
  • Why is this switch performed? I can imagine the upgrade process will be quite complicated and may cause many issues during the upgrade process...

Any insight on the questions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Fred

I'd suggest reaching out to your account team to setup a call with an Architect or Product Management to discuss these questions, as they aren't really appropriate for us to comment on in a public forum.  

I can tell you that any changes made to the OS are made with functionality, stability, and supportability in mind, whether those are upgrades or distribution/architecture changes, and when changes of that nature are required, the upgrade process is be thoroughly tested to insure it is as smooth as we can make it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Fred

I'd suggest reaching out to your account team to setup a call with an Architect or Product Management to discuss these questions, as they aren't really appropriate for us to comment on in a public forum.  

I can tell you that any changes made to the OS are made with functionality, stability, and supportability in mind, whether those are upgrades or distribution/architecture changes, and when changes of that nature are required, the upgrade process is be thoroughly tested to insure it is as smooth as we can make it.

ranimator
Not applicable

Fred,

Thanks for your response recommending chashock setup a call with an Architect or Product Management. 

This topic interests us as well. Could you please help me privately connect with Product Management? 

Thanks,
Randy