cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NetBackup Appliance 5240 HBA

DPO
Level 6

We are not using any SAN client option for 5240 and is populated with only Slot 6. Initally Slot 6 port 1 configured as Initiator and port 2 was configured as Target(MSDP) and i have changed this one also too initiator for enabling tape out.

This Slot 6 port 2 is zoned with two tape drives strangely it can see one tape drive but not other. And zoning is correct

Any idea ?

2 REPLIES 2

CasparThorup
Level 3

Hi Ashok,

Usually a rescan on the Appliance CLISH should be enough to update and show any new devices, and I have had no problems with more than one tape drive on the same port. It shouldn't be neccesary to perform a reset, but you could try it if you're sure you've got the zoning right. 

Can you try and see if you can zone the missing tape drive to port 1? Or is that in use for other devices?

Caspar

All these options have been already tried. And initially i thought the issue with that port but later i found that in another appliance the first port can't see the drive. All these drives are visible in 5220 appliance but problem with only 5240 appliance that too one particular drive