cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate Adv Disk backup between remote masters

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5

I have a situation where I need to backup 3TB of compressed data on a regular basis.  I have two 5220 appliances both acting as Master/Media servers.  I really don't want it sitting in my Dedupe pool, so I'm trying to take advantage of the 3.5TB of Advanced Disk storage that I have.  What I would like to do is to have one appliance backup the data and keep it for a week and have it copied over to the remote master and stay for another week, about 2 weeks total retention.  Any thoughts on how to do this?  I thought I could back it up to the Dedup pool on the local master, duplicate it to AdvDisk and replicate to the remote master, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I know I will have to use the Dedup pool for AIR, but I want that backup to expire immediately if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Your replication stage needs to be based on the de-dupe storage.

Maybe you have this in your SLP:

1) backup to de-deupe

2) ---> duplicate to Adv.Disk

3) --->---> replicate

Do you see how the replicate (stage 3) is based on stage the copy on Adv.Disk (stage 2) - this will not work.

Maybe you need:

1) backup to de-deupe

3) ---> replicate

And in this example the replicate is based on stage 1 - because it is nested only one level deep - this should work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Your replication stage needs to be based on the de-dupe storage.

Maybe you have this in your SLP:

1) backup to de-deupe

3) --->---> replicate

Do you see how the replicate (stage 3) is based on stage the copy on Adv.Disk (stage 2) - this will not work.

Maybe you need:

1) backup to de-deupe

3) ---> replicate

And in this example the replicate is based on stage 1 - because it is nested only one level deep - this should work.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

at moment i believe AIR  doesn't support replication between Advanced Disk Pools. Reverse way could be

Backup to Advanced Disk  -> Duplicate to MSDP                (Primary Site)

AIR MSDP TO Remote MSDP 

Duplicate from MSDP to Advance Disk                                (Remote site)