Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication failing from one Netbackup appliance to another

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

hi,

We have 2 NBU appliance working as both master and media server.

appliance 5220 v 2.5 having OS as SUSE LINUX 7.1.

For Appliance A, replication is failing with error code 84 since it is going to a device which do not exist. Not sure where the entry is made.

I know nothing of an applilance so need extensive help here.( how to edit the remote host entry etc )

For appliance B, cannot create the SLP since it fails with error code 1528 (The source copy for an Auto Image Replication is not capable of replication)

What could I have done wrong.

I have done nslookup and both appliacne are able to recognise each other.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

ok problem resolved.

here what I did.. thanks to a few technotes from symantec:

1. goto the NBU GUI --> credential--> storage servers--> double click on the one which has puredisk.

2. goto replication tab and check if it has the correct target server name. ( in my case it was not)

3. delete the wrong entries and reenter the correct one.

4. In user name pwd section please put in the credential used to create the target storage server.

5. for the pwd goto the target appliance --> main_menu-->appliance-->showdeduppwd

6. use the password, create the target server.

7. replication works for me.

Cheers,

Anish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

ok problem resolved.

here what I did.. thanks to a few technotes from symantec:

1. goto the NBU GUI --> credential--> storage servers--> double click on the one which has puredisk.

2. goto replication tab and check if it has the correct target server name. ( in my case it was not)

3. delete the wrong entries and reenter the correct one.

4. In user name pwd section please put in the credential used to create the target storage server.

5. for the pwd goto the target appliance --> main_menu-->appliance-->showdeduppwd

6. use the password, create the target server.

7. replication works for me.

Cheers,

Anish

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Nice!  yes

Would you mind sharing the specific TechNotes that helped you out in case anyone else comes across this thread in the future while searching their own replication issues?