cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAN Client not detecting 5230

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi everyone,

We've recently installed a few 5230's (2.6.0.4) and I'm trying to configure a SAN Client to it.

I've successfully done this with a couple of Windows servers so far but AIX (6.1) is giving me trouble.

The client was a Media Server so I did the steps required in the Symantec doc, uninstalled the media install, installed as a client and ran bpclntcmd -sanclient 1.

Zoning is in place and I can run an FCPing between the two ports on the switch to confirm they are indeed zonned and the both are up and running.

I've rebooted both the 5230 and the AIX server but it still can't see the appliance.

The Atape driver is installed and commited (v. 12.8.9.0) so there should be no issue.

I've unconfigured it all and also tried rezoning to a second wwn on both the server and the appliance but it still won't pick up the two python devices.

Is there something I'm missing or can do to force detection ?

Any help would be great, I'm going bald here trying to figure this out.

Regards

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay but the call has morphed into other issues.

The AIX and some Windows servers had the issue because of a strange issue with our Brocade Switches.

The following arictle describes it better than I could.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192198

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You may want to try this EEB for your appliance and version: TECH227091. It looks to resolve some Transport performance issues

Hope that helps

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Thanks I'll have to download and apply that tomorrow,  might resolve some of the issues I'm seeing. I'll let you know how I get on. 

ejporter
Level 4

On the apliance webpage under settings->network->fiber transport, it has a couple of checkboxs to enable various fiber transport options.   Have you checked these?

I am sure they are on the CLISH as well.

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Morning all,

Well I've installed the EEB and still no activity on the AIX client, really at a loss now as to why the devices are not showing up.

I've checked everything again from start to end and there's no reason why the server shouldn't be seeing the two python devices, both options under "settings->network->fiber transport" are also selected.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems logging a Support call is your next step...

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi Marianne,

Ya I've already logged a call but I'm still waiting for a call back. Getting frustrated now trying to figure this out.

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay but the call has morphed into other issues.

The AIX and some Windows servers had the issue because of a strange issue with our Brocade Switches.

The following arictle describes it better than I could.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192198

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Are you able to state exactly which model of DCX, and exactly which model of DCX blade, and exactly which version of FabricOS - it all was that you experienced this issue with?  Many thanks in advance.