cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share will not work on 2.6.0.4

pdunnigan
Level 4

I have a 5220 with 2.6.0.4, I open a putty session on my windows 8.1 desktop and open the software share to upload a EEB. I cannot access the share through a UNC or mapped drive, any ideas?

Thanks

Pat

5 REPLIES 5

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you go to Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Share Open? What usermane are you using? It should be admin and not root

Check TECH223530 The section "Steps to manually download the NetBackup Appliance software version 2.6.0.4 release update or client packages"  has the steps to follow.

pdunnigan
Level 4

yes, I opened the share, it refused the connection with a generic messag saying to check spelling or something wrong with network. does not get to logon prompt. I can putty to machine no problem. 

watsons
Level 6

I had come across this too.. intermittently and there was once I need to use a Linux client to access the NFS instead of using CIFS.

It's a little bit confusing when in appliance, you open the share it tells you the CIFS/NFS path like this:

\\<applname>\incoming_patches

(...and actual dir is /inst/patch/incoming/ )

Then in your Windows end, some suggests to use   \\<applname>\incoming patches  , notice that it does not have the "_" but a space!

I am still trying checking if it's due to different appliance version. Anyone knows exactly the cause?

watsons
Level 6

Found a related technote which may be helpful:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH222263

pdunnigan
Level 4

I took a look on one of my boxes and the setting for "wide links" is already set to "YES" and the share is not working

Thanks

Pat