cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single mode FC SFP supported?

sammisal
Level 2

Hi,

I've been googling around and looking in documentation but I can't seem to find an answer, so I thought I'd try here.

Do Veritas Appliance 5240 support Single Mode long range fibre channel SFPs at 8 Gbit?   Which manufacturers of SFPs are supported in that case? I found that Finisar and JDSU are supported SFPs for multi-mode, but i wonder about single mode longe range options.

Kind regards

Sammi

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Does this article help? 

Which SFP+ do the NetBackup 5000, 5020, 5200, 5220, 5030, 5230, 5330 and 5240 appliances support for 10GbE adapters? (Long Wave / Long Range / Single Mode) or (Short Wave / Short Range / Multi Mode)

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100008152

Thank you for the answer Marianne! The article you linked unfortunately doesn't mention Fibre Channel SFPs as far as I can see.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

OOPS! My bad.... 

Probably best to ask your local reseller / support partner to channel the question to Appliance Inquiries. 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Many thanks SDO!  I can only find info regarding short distance multi-mode SFPs for FC, if I interpret that page correctly. Let me know if you don't agree. :)  If single mode long distance FC SFP isn't supported yet, I'd love to know that.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I think your only option is to raise a case to the vendor.  Maybe you could find out whether they sell an option with single-mode transcievers and/or whether it is supported for customers to swap in their own parts (which I would expect to be restricted to a few specific models / variants - if supported).