cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Appliance Call Home - Network Interface

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Which Network interface will the 5230 appliance attempt to use when performing the call-home function ?

For example, if I have a 5230 configured with IPMI port attached to my management network, 2 x 10GbE interfaces attached in a failover mode to my 'data' network - I am assuming the appliance will use the 'data' network (2 x 10GbE in this case) to contact Symantec for call-home.

I will NOT have eth0 (nor eth1/2/3) attached to any network following initial configuration.

Thanks,

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You are correct.  CallHome cannot use the IPMI interface to send data (nor can NetBackup).  Unless your data network has no access to the outside world, the 10GbE interfaces will be used.  If there is no access to the outside from that network, CallHome data will not be sent.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chashock
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You are correct.  CallHome cannot use the IPMI interface to send data (nor can NetBackup).  Unless your data network has no access to the outside world, the 10GbE interfaces will be used.  If there is no access to the outside from that network, CallHome data will not be sent.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Many Thanks.

AJ