cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To configure the entire space for PureDisk appliance 5230 with netbackup 7.6.0.1

Iype
Level 4
Certified

Hello Team,

Can you provide me the steps and procedure in configuring the entire advanced disk space for puredisk

Environment:

Appliance OS is Linux

Appliance Version: 2.6.0.1

NetBackup Version: 7.6.0.1

Build Date: 20131113

Server Type Used Capacity Available Space Raw Size Usable Size
AdvancedDisk 698.55 GB 9.93 TB 10.62 TB 10.62 TB
PureDisk 10.39 TB 51.05 TB 61.44 TB 61.44 TB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

With Appliances version 2.6..0.1 modifiying stoarage disks (catalog size ,adv and dedup) can be done using GUI interface of the appliance also under new storage tab  .Of course from CLish (manage > storage ) also can be modified)

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When did you install this appliance and have you been using the Advanced disk pool? It looks to have a lot of used space whereas normally it would just be a few GB.

Assuming it has been used you need to expire the images held on the Advanced disk area (duplicate it first?) so that it reports very little used space.

So lets say it reports 10.5GB used space once you have done that .. you then go to the CLISH and use:

Reszie AdvancedDisk 11 GB

This shrinks it down to 11GB (this takes NetBackup down so it has to be done at a quiet time)

Really you should not use the header disk for de-dupe, only the shelves - you can use it for Advanced disk though to leave you with a 4TB advanced disk pool.

This needs a bit of shuffling which will take an hour or two.

I would need to see a full SHOW from the CLISH to cover it all but we moved the de-dupe from the header to a shelf, move the advanced disk to the header and resize it all to maximums

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

With Appliances version 2.6..0.1 modifiying stoarage disks (catalog size ,adv and dedup) can be done using GUI interface of the appliance also under new storage tab  .Of course from CLish (manage > storage ) also can be modified)

Regards,

Iype
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Mark and Rami for the solution. I have done the resize through GUI. Also have attached the steps that was performed. Hope this might help other in the group.

rnosal
Level 3

How much space are you guys keeping as unallocated for future software updates? When I upgraded my 5230 to 2.6.0.1 it required unallocated space to do the upgrade. (unfortunatly I do not remember how much was needed)

Iype
Level 4
Certified

We have added 200GB as unallocated for future software updates.