cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total diskspace used by policies differs from total used space on appliance

skiern
Level 2
Certified

We have an issue where we are running out of disk space on our Netbackup appliance 5230 running version 2.6.1.1, and I'm looking for ways to free up some disk space.

I used OpsCenter to run a report for "Policy Summary Dashboard" for the last 2 months (we have 2 months retention on disk backups). When I summarized the size for all the policies I ended up with 82TB used space. However when I check in the diskpool in the Netbackup admin console it shows 113TB used space.

If I run df -h on the appliance it shows the output below. I was thinking about the "/msdp/data/dp1/1pdvol"-pool is there anything unnormal about that being present? The size of that pool is pretty much the size-difference between total policy size and used space shown in the Netbackup console. Is there any way to free up that disk space, or is it supposed to be like this?

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/system-root
                       92G   52G   36G  59% /
udev                   63G  1.3M   63G   1% /dev
tmpfs                  63G   76K   63G   1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2             198M   28M  160M  15% /boot
/dev/mapper/system-inst
                       50G   28G   20G  59% /inst
/dev/mapper/system-log
                      184G  111G   64G  64% /log
/dev/mapper/system-rep
                      248G   69G  167G  30% /repository
/dev/mapper/system-rescue
                      9.7G  5.6G  3.6G  62% /repository/checkpoints/appliance_checkpoint_xQQBoq
tmpfs                 4.0K     0  4.0K   0% /dev/vx
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/cfgvol
                       25G   15G   11G  59% /config
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/advol
                      4.6T  467M  4.5T   1% /advanceddisk/dp1/advol
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/pdvol
                      107T   81T   25T  77% /msdp/data/dp1/pdvol
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/2pdvol
                      3.0T  2.7T  235G  93% /msdp/data/dp1/2pdvol
/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/1pdvol
                       32T   30T  2.6T  93% /msdp/data/dp1/1pdvol

/dev/vx/dsk/nbuapp/pdcatvol
                      450G  6.9G  440G   2% /msdp/cat

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

The math on this doesn't apply unless this is the first two months of operation for this appliance.

"I used OpsCenter to run a report for "Policy Summary Dashboard" for the last 2 months (we have 2 months retention on disk backups). When I summarized the size for all the policies I ended up with 82TB used space. However when I check in the diskpool in the Netbackup admin console it shows 113TB used space." 

The calculation above is adding up all the dedupe data for 2 months but on the appliance you'll be hosting the "base" data as well. Which is a full copy.....