cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Storage server to Master server

NAYAB
Level 4

Hi All, 

I am getting a Netbackup Appliance Authorization failure 2060029 error while trying to add my NBU appliance Media server into storage servers. I see my FQDN, Credentials are fine.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. Deleted Media Server (NBU Appliance) from master server 

2. Reset appliance to factory settings 

3. Setup and configure appliance as media server.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Could you please tell us all the steps that you have followed w.r.t. appliance config?

What happened after the media server role config as per your previous post

Have you read through the NetBackup 53xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide - 3.1 ?

You will see in chapter 1 (Preparing for initial configuration) that you need to deploy security certificates on the appliance to trust the master server. A CA certificate and a host ID-based certificate must be deployed from the master server that you plan to use with this appliance.
.... (more in the manual) .....

Hi Marianne, 

Thanks for your reply. I have configured my NBU appliance with media server roles and able to see the STU and MSDP pool from my master server in the respective tabs from activity monitor.

APPNBU01 --> Media server 1 

APPNBU02 --> Media Server 2 

After a mean while i started to get below error on my APPNBU02 media server 

"RDSM has encountered an issue with STS where the server was not found: getStorageServerInfo" 

I tried troubleshooting but wasn't able to figure out the cause so i removed STU, Disk Pool and Storage server APPNBU02 and used a decommission command to remove all traces and tried reconfiguring again then i started to get error "Authorization failure 2060029". 

Note:- My APPNBU01 Media server is fine i have configured and test run backups successfully.

Thanks,

Nayab

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Pity you did try to troubleshoot.
Your new issue has something to do with NBU secure comms.
More or less what is described in this post:
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Generate-token-for-reinstall-of-client-remotely/td-p/846466
Extract:
"From the master server's point of view, there had been a client named X. Now there seems to be a new host trying to register as client X. You need to assure the master that it's ok.
This needs a reissue token rather than a regular installation token. "

This secure comms in NBU 8.1 is completely new to me. Hopefully someone else can assist.

I tried to re-issue the token and tried to add my NBU appliance under storage servers i still encounter the same error :(

I have opened a case with Veritas as Serv2 and as of now no response from them. Btwn thanks marianne for your help as you stated that secure comms in NBU 8.1 is new to you but still took time to help me out.

I will see if no response from Veritas Support i will do a factory reset on appliance and set it up again.

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   
Well if the issue is related to the secure comms certificate as suspected, I don’t think a re-image will help. I would pursue Veritas support. If there isn’t a timely response you should escalate the case. Best regards Andrew

1. Deleted Media Server (NBU Appliance) from master server 

2. Reset appliance to factory settings 

3. Setup and configure appliance as media server.