cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to CIFS share on 5230 appliance

richard_w2
Level 3
Partner

I have enabled the incoming_patches share on the NetBackup 5230 appliance, but I cannot open it.  I am unable to authenticate, even though I know that I am entering the correct username and password.  What is the domain that should be supplied in the login credentials if ldap authentication is not enabled on the appliance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

richard_w2
Level 3
Partner

It turns out that the issue was that it would not work with the "_".  When I used \\nbuappliance\incoming patches, it worked.  It would be nice if the documentation contained the correct information.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified
Hi You put the ip or DNS name of the appliance i.e. \\nbuappliance1\incoming_patches and the domain\account you put in is nbuappliance1\admin

richard_w2
Level 3
Partner

It turns out that the issue was that it would not work with the "_".  When I used \\nbuappliance\incoming patches, it worked.  It would be nice if the documentation contained the correct information.

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

ah

when you typed incoming_patches in you first post I assumed you were on the latest netbackup patch as it is now incoming_patches. I actually editted my response and removed the "\\nbuappliance1\incoming patches" once I reread you post - d-oh!

also on the old version it does show the correct path to type in for cifs share when you "share open" from the CLISH but I found it would never work unless you wrapped it with "" because of the space.