Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove an Ip address on my Appliance 5230

Fortune_KN
Level 3
Partner

Hello,

I've got an appliance 5230, which i initialized there are few days. I set an adress on eth1 interface and because we faced some issues, i unconfigured eth1 in order to set it again after.

The unconfiguration with the "Unconfigure eth1" command was good. But since then, i am not able to set the same ip on that interface. when i try, (Configure x.x.x.x sub_mask gateway eth1) i got the following error:

[Error] IP address 'x.x.x.x' is already in use and ping-able.

I am sure no other machine is using this Ip. What could be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fortune_KN
Level 3
Partner

For the others, i did a Factory reset if this had not worked, i would have done a reimage, (laugh)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you ping it from the appliance (or from outside of the appliance)?

From the CLISH what does Network - Show Satus look like?

Have you rebooted it?

Fortune_KN
Level 3
Partner

Sorry for the delay Mark, and thank you for your reply.

i can ping it from the appliance, but not from an external machine.

Network show status give the followings:

eth0  1Gb/s    TP   plugged:Up    the good Ip@   No Ipv6

eth1  1Gb/s    TP   plugged:Up    --None--           No Ipv6

the others are unplugged

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - it has cached it somewhere then .. perhaps a reboot would fix ir but i am thinking that it may be easier to assign a different IP address to eth1, then unconfigure again and then add the one you want back onto it .. that should push it out of the system.

Fortune_KN
Level 3
Partner

this have been already done, i confugured eth1 with another ip, everything was correct i unconfigured it in order to set it with the ip i want but i hasn't been as expected. the problem is , i cannot request another ip for this applaince. So i have to find out a solution.

by the way in arp table i can see:

x.x.x.x dev eth0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff STALE, where x.x.x.x is the ip@ supposed to be on eth1. 

with root right, i deleted this entry using arp -d  [ip@] in a first hand, and ip neighbour delete in a second hand without success.

i flushed the arp table with ip -s -s neigh flush all without success.

i disconnected cable from eth0, and trought IPMI i configured eth1 with that ip  successfully but the result is still the same: not able to ping the gateway when only connectd with eth1 (without eth0), unable to ping the appliance with another machine with this ip@

any other Idea?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The only other thing i have ever done .. and only when totally stuck with no time to wait for support  .. and totally unsupported .. and at your own risk .. completely .... i think you get what i am saying wink

One word for you ... YAST .. but your choice if you want to use it ....

Fortune_KN
Level 3
Partner

Hello Mark,

sorry for the delay, i'm getting you and this is exactly what i did (laugh). The support wrote exactly like you. Finally everything is ok thanks!

Fortune_KN
Level 3
Partner

For the others, i did a Factory reset if this had not worked, i would have done a reimage, (laugh)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

So did YAST not work then?