cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERITAS NETBACKUP APPLIANCE 5240 UPGRADE FROM VERSION 3.0 TO 4.1

Abimbola
Level 3

Hello All,

Please i want to do a netbackup appliance 5240 upgrade from version 3.0 to 4.1. Is a direct upgrade possible? or i have to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1. Afterwards, i will now upgrade from 3.1 to 4.1.

KIndly advise.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @Abimbola 

You should re-read the appliance upgrade guide for 4.1. In there you will see that this is a two step process to get to 4.1 

Appliance models 5240, 5330, and 5340 with versions 3.1 and earlier must be
upgraded twice to get to version 4.1. It is recommended that these systems first
be upgraded to version 3.2 or 3.3.0.1, and then upgraded to version 4.1.

I would suggest the first upgrade to version 3.3.0.1. Take note of the Pre-Upgrade checklist for 3.3.0.1 and follow the steps in there (this should be available in the same place that you download the software package from).

You also need to note the steps required to convert your older MSDP to the new fingerprinting  method. The conversion needs to be completed before you can attempt to upgrade. The software package will not install without a successful run of the AURA tool, and the AURA toll will not pass unless the conversion is complete (depending on the size of the MSDP, the conversion process may take some time to finish, and you will require sufficient free space in the pool - all this is documented). 

Once you get to 3.3.0.1, the next upgrade to 4.1 will be much simpler. 

Good luck
David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @Abimbola 

You should re-read the appliance upgrade guide for 4.1. In there you will see that this is a two step process to get to 4.1 

Appliance models 5240, 5330, and 5340 with versions 3.1 and earlier must be
upgraded twice to get to version 4.1. It is recommended that these systems first
be upgraded to version 3.2 or 3.3.0.1, and then upgraded to version 4.1.

I would suggest the first upgrade to version 3.3.0.1. Take note of the Pre-Upgrade checklist for 3.3.0.1 and follow the steps in there (this should be available in the same place that you download the software package from).

You also need to note the steps required to convert your older MSDP to the new fingerprinting  method. The conversion needs to be completed before you can attempt to upgrade. The software package will not install without a successful run of the AURA tool, and the AURA toll will not pass unless the conversion is complete (depending on the size of the MSDP, the conversion process may take some time to finish, and you will require sufficient free space in the pool - all this is documented). 

Once you get to 3.3.0.1, the next upgrade to 4.1 will be much simpler. 

Good luck
David

Abimbola
Level 3

Thanks David. Your guide was very helpful and upgrade was successful.