cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware instant recovery with GUI with Netbackup appliance with 2.6.1.2 and Netbackup master server 7.7.1

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

Is this posible?

VMware instant recovery with GUI with Netbackup appliance with 2.6.1.2 and Netbackup master server 7.7.1

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you referring to Vcenter plugin when you say GUI? If so, yes, its should work. Unless this is a trap :p

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Hi Riaan,

Oh yes, I forgot to mention about that. I am indeed referring to vcenter plugin.

I agree with you on this(trap thing :)) I opened a case with veritas and got it clarified. Though the answer did not sound clear. Recommendation came to wait for the 2.7.1 release. Its been atleast three occasions that veritas has postponed the release. I hope they stick to thier word about 2.7.1 release on 7th December.

"The combination should work and you will get GUI for instant recover but it is not command based also for you it would be better to use 2.7.1 version."

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I wonder if it would also be better for me to use 2.7.1, or does that only apply to you :p

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Riaane... stuck on getting this plugin thing working ... wasted a lot of time .

I am following this article which is in sync with the admin guide.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000095546#v99850882

At step 4 it says this - 

In the downloaded plug-in folders, locate the netbackup-vwc-plugin.zip folder. Copy that folder to the plug-in package host web server.

The vSphere Web Client server can be the plug-in package host.

Where the heck can I copy the .zip file. I dont know how can I get the url working something like this.

https://host.example.com/netbackup-vwc-plugin.zip.

Please please please help me :(