cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Appliance 3.0 - downloading the console

Jim-90
Level 6

Settiong up a shiny new virtual appliance al is OK except not able to download the NBU console from the virtual appliance.   It refuses to CIFS map the relevant directory after I have shared the install dir from the appliance.  What I can do is nfs mount these shares from a linux server. 

# showmount -e tstappvnbu01
Export list for tstappvnbu01:
/inst/patch/incoming *
/inst/client *

Where in these shares would I expect the console to be and which is the package name. 

4 REPLIES 4

D_Flood
Level 6

According to the Getting Started Guide, page 21

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000116350

You have to first access the Virtual Appliance's main web page and from there download the required software to the Appliance.  Once you've done that then it should be available for install using the directions that follow in that chapter.

The web  page runs as advertised but the the download section doesn't work. 

I went through Post deployment procedures section (pp 21-27) of the guide the only functioning part is the Unix/Linux stuff, anything to MS-Windows appears to be brocken.   At moment accessing the virtual appliance via the console from vCenter.

Gave up trying to download the console from virtual appliance.  Already had the NBU 8.0 binary media locally.  Installed the java console from that and it works with the appliance without any issues.  I'll do the same with the client software.   

Gave up trying to download the console from virtual appliance.  Already had the NBU 8.0 binary media locally.  Installed the java console from that and it works with the appliance without any issues.  I'll do the same with the client software.