cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are common customer topics with NetBackup Appliances?

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

So, this isn't a specific problem or question. I am a Symantec course developer (primarily for NetBackup courses). We have various venues for gathering information through Product Management, System Engineers, Instructors, Customers, etc., but wanted to see what type of information I get from this forum...

For those of you who work with NetBackup Appliances and have experience with many customers, installs, environments: What are the main types of issues and questions that have come up? What types of NetBackup issues (that are specific to Appliances) tend to be hot topics?

As an example, I noticed that resizing and moving disk storage has come up (especially for those that have started by using internal disks and then moved to external disk shelf). 

What are NetBackup Appliance "hot topics" from a partner and customer perspective?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VPATIL
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

My two cents...

1) Upgrading Appliances

2) Best Practices when migrating data of the Appliances ( Using Migration utility or Duplicating Using Vault)

3) Simple MSDP performance Tuning including multithreaded agents, worker threads, encryption, opt-deduplication..

4) Regular maintanance tasks on the Appliances..

5) Integrating LDAP/SCSP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VPATIL
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

My two cents...

1) Upgrading Appliances

2) Best Practices when migrating data of the Appliances ( Using Migration utility or Duplicating Using Vault)

3) Simple MSDP performance Tuning including multithreaded agents, worker threads, encryption, opt-deduplication..

4) Regular maintanance tasks on the Appliances..

5) Integrating LDAP/SCSP

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Thanks VPATIL! That works for now.