cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentication failed(160) RDSM has encountered an STS error: getStorageServerConfig

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi ,

• Our client is setting up replication on two appliances primary and DR in one to one model mode 
  • Both are master servers in same domain
  • After entering credentials on the primary appliance we get the following error
  • Error in configuring app2 as replication target for app1: authentication failed(160)   RDSM has encountered an STS error: getStorageServerConfig
  • We got the dedupe password from the target app which is giving out the error
  • The weired part is when we try to reverse the replication target from DR to primary. it accpets the credentials.

any suggestion?

sshot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

Veritas was able to resolve the issue by adding, target server password in source and vice versa. Though its not mentioned in the guide but still veritas engineer insisted on doing this.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

And when trying to create SLP policy I get this error.sshot2.png

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

This is worrying me "Both are master servers in same domain" - how come that in the same NBU domain you do have two masters?? Each master should be creating its own domain... How did you manage to have two masters in the same NBU domain? Or by domain you do mean AD??

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

yes Quebek as in same AD domain.

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

Veritas was able to resolve the issue by adding, target server password in source and vice versa. Though its not mentioned in the guide but still veritas engineer insisted on doing this.

Right, so *where* is it added?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We cannot see the full name of the source copy. 
Is it Advanced or MSDP?

Aurelien59
Level 4

Hi all,

Can anyone here help me out with this issue ?

I have exactly the same error and the credentials requested are those of an old account that no one remembers.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

I think there is a procedure to reset this user password - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038891

if you are not really 100% about above - open a case with Vertias - they should be able to help out.