cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command to list backpu images retention period

Aris56
Level 4

hello,

my media server(5230 appliance) dedupe disk is full. i believe it is due to some backup images retention period have been set for more than 5 months.

is there a command that i could use to list all the backup images in a specific dedupe disk along with their retention period?

Master server is a Linux.

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can run 'Images on media' report for the particular retention level, e.g:

bpimmedia -dp <disk_pool_name> -rl <retlevel>

Please note that exipring old images may not give you the result that you are hoping for - only unique blocks that are no longer referenced by newer backups will be cleaned up. 

puneet102
Level 4

I am using bpimagelist command to check the same. you can the command as below:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -U -d MM/DD/YYYY -e MM/DD/YYYY 

where -d is start date and -e is end date. It will display all the images available between mention date. You can also use policy and client options as :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -U -d MM/DD/YYYY -e MM/DD/YYYY -policy <Policy-Name>

and for client name as:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -U -d MM/DD/YYYY -e MM/DD/YYYY -client <Client-Name>

For more details you can check the NetBackup reference guide for commands in page number 168. Download the guide http://www.veritas.com/docs/000108088.

You can also use bpimmedia as described by Marianne. You can get the details from page 177 in the same guide.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems @Aris56 has not been back since 1 Aug.... Smiley Surprised