cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to insatll NBU client package on all window clients in one go

lovee
Level 5

All,

I need to install nbu window client package on 50+ clients and i want to know the process how i can do this in one go. or we have to login to each client to do this?

i can do this in case of linux clients with push the software from master.

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lovee,

You can do this as a Remote Installation from a Windows Server, using the NetBackup Windows installation media.  In my case my masters are Windows servers, so I do a push install from there.  As it looks like your master/media is Linux, you'll have to pick a suitable Windows server to push the installs from.

You'll need Admin priveleges on your target clients.  If they are all AD Domain joined, the best choice is a domain admin account.  You will also need to have the Remote Registry service started on your target clients.

Depending on what version you are running will determine what version(s) you need to push out.  As an example, I currently run 7.6.0.4.  To install a Windows client, I have to first install 7.6.0.1, and then do another update to 7.6.0.4.  Both of these I can remotely push out.

If you run Browser.exe from the installation media (make sure you right-click and Run as Administrator), then click on "Installation", and then "Client Software Installation".  This starts the Installation Wizard.  Click "Next", and Agree to the License Agreement.  I could put in screenshots from here, however someone else has done the work for me Smiley Tongue

Look at the solution provided by Yasuhisa_Ishika in this post, as he has the screenshots:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/PUSH-NETBACKUP-CLIENT-INSTALL-ON-WINDOWS/td-p/515492

If you have to do a two stage client install as in my case, you do the same with the update - the update will also allow you to do a remote push to multiple computers as well.

One other point - I wouldn't do all 50 at once, as there could be a big hit on your network - I would pick off a couple to test and if they work fine then do them in batches.

Hope this helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Lovee,

You can do this as a Remote Installation from a Windows Server, using the NetBackup Windows installation media.  In my case my masters are Windows servers, so I do a push install from there.  As it looks like your master/media is Linux, you'll have to pick a suitable Windows server to push the installs from.

You'll need Admin priveleges on your target clients.  If they are all AD Domain joined, the best choice is a domain admin account.  You will also need to have the Remote Registry service started on your target clients.

Depending on what version you are running will determine what version(s) you need to push out.  As an example, I currently run 7.6.0.4.  To install a Windows client, I have to first install 7.6.0.1, and then do another update to 7.6.0.4.  Both of these I can remotely push out.

If you run Browser.exe from the installation media (make sure you right-click and Run as Administrator), then click on "Installation", and then "Client Software Installation".  This starts the Installation Wizard.  Click "Next", and Agree to the License Agreement.  I could put in screenshots from here, however someone else has done the work for me Smiley Tongue

Look at the solution provided by Yasuhisa_Ishika in this post, as he has the screenshots:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/PUSH-NETBACKUP-CLIENT-INSTALL-ON-WINDOWS/td-p/515492

If you have to do a two stage client install as in my case, you do the same with the update - the update will also allow you to do a remote push to multiple computers as well.

One other point - I wouldn't do all 50 at once, as there could be a big hit on your network - I would pick off a couple to test and if they work fine then do them in batches.

Hope this helps.

Steve