cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inst/client dir on 5230

Marco_Valadas
Level 2

Hi can please someone please help me sorting what the ./inst/client dir used for in NBU 5230.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

This is where the client package addons will appear if you install them.  This can be shared out so you can use an appliance as a central location for client package files.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

This is where the client package addons will appear if you install them.  This can be shared out so you can use an appliance as a central location for client package files.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Thanks a lot.
Can you please let me know that if i use the close share option this directory will be unshared.
If not how can i do it, and what are the consequences ?

Thanks in advance, really apreciate you help.

Off the top of my head, this share is always open because it is intended to be available for client installations. There isn't an independent close share option for this share that I recall, so if you've got a security concern and need it shut down, you'd have to make an smb.conf configuration change.

I'd suggest getting support involved to make sure you don't do anything that might give you issues later with the patching share or log retrieval share.

Again, I'm going off the top of my head so if I can get a chance to do some quick digging I'll update this if I find I've remembered incorrectly.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

After some further digging, there IS an option to turn off the share, I'd just missed it.

Settings > Share > ClientInstall close (or open) is what you want.  It's been present since at least 2.6.1.2 (oops!).

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Thanks again.

I tried to close but backups started to fail.

I have 2 appliances one master and one media on one site, and another appliance acting as master and media on other site. The 2 appliances in site 1 send images to site 2, to be duplicated to tape.
Doesn´t make sense that once that directory closed i begin to have comunication issues, does it ?

Below the errors :

02/09/2017 10:17:16 - Critical bptm (pid=192703) Storage Server Error: (Storage server: PureDisk:ebs8001) mtstrm_close_write_channel: Fatal error occured in Multi-Threaded Agent: Close Write Channel command failed: Cr_ErrnoException: Timed out after waiting 1200s to send command Close Write Channel to mtstrmd V-454-96
02/09/2017 10:17:16 - Critical bptm (pid=192703) sts_close_handle failed: 2060019 error occurred on network socket
02/09/2017 10:17:16 - Error bptm (pid=192703) cannot write image to disk, media close failed with status 2060019 

Thanks in advance