cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license

LiangPan
Level 1

Everybody is good I think excuse me: to help the customer after registration license, I got two license files, a total contains four: two files of similar name: * * * * * * _QTY3 / QTY1 - VERITAS NETBACKUP 9.1 PLATFORM BASE COMPLETE EDITION license.
Excuse me, what is the difference between the two files of lic?
Due to the customers to use which one?
thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

I think one is for NetBackup Server itself and the other for NetBackup Opscenter Analytics.

So the one which ends with two -xx - so two characters is for Netbackup Server and the other which ends with -x one character is for OpsCenter.

My take.

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @LiangPan 

Each license file should contain two keys (probably on one line). They are space separated. The first key (from memory is the OpsCenter key and starts with the letter O. The second key is the NetBackup key which should start with the letter K. 

The QTY relates to the "amount" of license drawn down from your total entitlement. I can only presume your have two NetBackup systems to license (but if only one, this isn't important). The license you use to enable NetBackup does not need to match the QTY the license relates to, this is not tracked by the license. The license QTY is tracked by the Usage Insights (for which you required the veritas_customer_registration_key.json file). This tracks your actual consumption of prtected data.

Cheers
David