cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

nbostpxy.exe multiple threads on Windows 2008 R2 server

Itegral
Level 6

We have NetBackup 7.6.0.4 running on Appliance 5220 ver. 2.6.0.4.

Recently some resource issues forced us review the processes on one of the SQL cluster node and found the (see attached) nbostpxy.exe, each eating up 6% CPU utilization.

I stopped the client services and killed all these threads manually. However, the next time back kicked in, the same threads appeared and peaked CPU utilization.

I understand that this process is involved with deduplication processing on the client, but we are not running any client side deduplication. We have media server deduplication configured with Appliances 5220.

Is this kind of bug, please share your thoughts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Itegral
Level 6

Upgrade the client to the latest version of 7.6.1.1 resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Itegral
Level 6

We have reinstalled the client on this windows host. The processes are still appearing but not consuming any processing. will monitor

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

check the pool/storage unit settings as well. you may have configured this server as load-balancing server.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How many simultaneous backup streams?

And what other NBU processes?

I am running NBU 7.6.0.3 on my laptop and is currently running backup of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES with client-side dedupe enabled.

I have 2 nbostpxy.exe processes running - see attached screenshot.

IMHO - these processes seem to be linked to the amount of backup streams running on the client and should not cause any issues.

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It definitely looks like client side deduplication.  In the client attributes of the master server host properties, have you looked to see what the deduplication setting of the exact client name is set to? If it is not listed, you can add the client name as it appears in the policy.

Itegral
Level 6

Upgrade the client to the latest version of 7.6.1.1 resolved the issue.